2019 Year-End Tax Planning for Estates and Trusts 

If you’ve been putting estate planning on the back burner, you’re not alone. Only 40 percent of Americans have a will or a trust, according to a recent survey. That leaves the remaining 60 percent without any legal say in how their assets are distributed after death.  Most individuals point to procrastination as their top … Continued →

Looking Back: Important Tax Changes for Businesses in 2019

With tax season getting ready to kick into high gear, it’s important to remember how much has changed for businesses since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was passed in late 2017.  You may remember that the new tax law opened up tax saving opportunities for many businesses–like the new 100 percent first-year bonus … Continued →

Industry Focus and 2019 Year-End Tax Planning for Professional Services Firms

The professional services industry is a wide-ranging, highly fragmented segment of the global economy, and it is currently responsible for about 9.4 million jobs in the U.S. alone. It’s a unique industry in that profits are derived from employees’ skills and service offerings; while this makes working in professional services exciting and fulfilling, it also … Continued →

How Planning for Retirement Is Also an Effective Year-End Tax Strategy

The end of the year is an ideal time to take a look at personal taxes and make smart moves before December 31 to minimize tax obligations. One thing to keep in mind whether retirement is on the horizon or not is that by simply contributing to certain types of retirement accounts, your taxable income … Continued →

Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with

2019 Year-End Tax Planning Advice for Commercial Real Estate Investors and Owners, and 2020 Outlook

Naden/Leans’ industry expertise includes manufacturing, technology, professional services, healthcare, nonprofit, restaurants, and this month’s focus: commercial real estate. In October’s Industry Focus, we explore the industry trends impacting decisions for 2020 and options for 2019 year-end tax planning. Do you have a stake in the commercial real estate (CRE) sector? At this time of year, it’s … Continued →